Tuesday 17 January 2012

Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory


Cited as Pitch Fork’s best new track   “No Future/No Past”  opener for the sophomore release for Cleveland based Cloud Nothings  presents an unexpected move towards rawness.
Championed by the likes of Pitchfork, Fader and Spin magazine to name a few,  the band’s new album Attack On Memory , was produced by Steve Albini, a master of the unadorned, and everything about this track creates a tension waiting for it to finally explode.

The release, a favourite over at Stop Start HQ  will be released here in Australia on  January 27

Vocalist and songwriter Dylan  Baldi says of the album “While I was writing the songs that would become Attack On Memory, I listened almost exclusively to music that was made before I was born. This is a pretty common practice for me, actually, but I took it to a new level while making the record. I more or less memorized every guitar solo on the best Thin Lizzy albums, listened to only The Wipers for about 3 weeks, and fell asleep to Black Sabbath every night.

Have a listen to the inspiration behind Attack On Memory  - we dare you not to get pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment